TRimble Geo 7X handheld: Bid Specification
This specification outlines the requirements for a dual-frequency (L1/L2) Trimble® multi-constellation (GPS/GLONASS/Galileo/QZSS/BeiDou/WAAS/EGNOS/MSAS/GAGAN) GNSS handheld receiver with integrated laser rangefinder.
The handheld must be rugged and suitable for use in field environments to the following minimum standards. Environments of use specifications for the handheld must be independently tested and certified.
· Ingress Protection: Must remain fully sealed when connectors, cables or other attachments are installed, must be supplied with integral dust caps and doors, and must be rated to not less than the IP65 water and dust ingress resistance (Test Standard: IEC 60529)
· Must withstand drops of not less than 1.2 m (4 ft) onto concrete (Test Standard: MIL-STD-810G Method 516.6 Procedure IV)
· Must withstand operating temperature environments not less than a range of -20 to +60 C (Test Standard: MIL-STD-810G Methods 501.5 & 502.5 Procedure II)
· Must withstand storage temperature environments not less than a range of -30 to +70 C (Test Standard: MIL-STD-810G Methods 501.5 & 502.5 Procedure I)
· Must function in aggravated humidity conditions of 0% to 95% non-condensing humidity (Test Standard: MIL-STD-810G Method 507.5 Procedure II)
· Must withstand prolonged exposure to steady vibrations (Test Standard: MIL-STD- MIL-STD-810G Method 514.6 Procedure I – test vibration parameters not less than 0.0186 g2/Hz at 10 Hz, 0.0186 g2/Hz at 300 Hz and 0.0017 g2/Hz at 1000 Hz)
· Must withstand exposure to mechanical shock (Test Standard: MIL-STD-810G Method 516.6 Procedure I – test parameters not less than 50 G, 11 ms, half-sine shock pulse patterns)
· Must withstand operation at altitudes 9,000 m above sea level or higher (Test Standard: MIL-STD-810G Method 500.5 Procedure II)
· Must withstand storage at altitudes 12,193 m above sea level or higher (Test Standard: MIL-STD-810G Method 500.5 Procedure I)
· Must withstand operation in salt fog environments (Test Standard: MIL-STD-810G Method 509.5 Procedure I)
· Must be configurable as a single piece of handheld equipment
· Must have a single, removable, field-swappable battery pack
· Must include an integrated dual frequency GNSS receiver and antenna
· Must be able to be attached to a range pole for use with an external antenna
· Must be able to be attached to a monopole, centering the internal GNSS antenna over the pole
· Must be able to be attached to a vehicle by mounting to a windscreen or cabin
· Must include a tethered stylus and hand strap
· Must include a laser range finder module that can be attached and removed from the main handheld, and that can be operated and controlled directly by the handheld touch screen interface.
· The maximum dimensions must not exceed 234 mm x 99 mm x 56 mm including connectors.
· Handheld must not exceed 1.08 kg (2.38 lbs); including battery, and rangefinder.
The supplied battery must:
· Be rechargeable and field-swappable
· Be fully sealed from dust and water
· Include a fuel-gauge indicator to indicate state of charge
When operating on battery power, the handheld must be able to be used for at least the following durations on a single charge:
· GNSS usage with real-time corrections delivered via integrated modem: 7 hours
· GNSS usage with real-time corrections delivered via Bluetooth® wireless technology: 9.5 hours
· GNSS usage (autonomous or SBAS): 10.5 hours
· Must include at least 4 GB internal storage
· Storage must be able to be extended with SDHC compatible storage cards
· Must include at least 256 MB RAM
· Must support connections to external devices using Bluetooth version 2.0 or higher
· Must support connecting to Bluetooth enabled devices by operating in client mode using:
– Serial Port Profile (SPP)
– ActiveSync® Profile
– Human Input Device (HID) Profile
– Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP)
· Must support connections from other Bluetooth devices by operating in host mode using:
– Dial-up networking (DUN) profile
– Serial Port
· Bluetooth radio communication must be able to be disabled via a system administrator.
· Must support connections to wireless networks and hotspots using 802.11b/g
· Must be equipped with an integrated 3.5G enabled cellular radio
· Must support the connecting to cellular networks and operating at the following frequencies:
– GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900MHz
– UMTS/HSPA+ 800/850/900/1900/2100MHz
– CDMA/EV-DO Rev. A 800/1900MHz
· Must support connection to and activation on the Verizon (USA) cellular network.
· Must be certified for operation on the Verizon cellular network.
· Cellular radio communication must be able to be disabled via a system administrator.
· Must be equipped with an LED transflective display measuring no less than 4.2” diagonally
· Must be no less than VGA (640x 480 pixel) resolution
· Must use a polarized light filter touch panel surface
The handheld GNSS receiver:
· Must be capable of tracking the following GNSS signals:
– GPS: L1C/A, L2C, L2E